DADS Information Letter 14-58 informs Financial Management Services Agencies (FMSA) and Consumer Directed Services (CDS) option employers of the changes to 40 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 41, Consumer Directed Services Option.
Effective September 1, 2014, CDS employers will be required to:
· complete, at the initial orientation, a Service Provision Requirements Addendum to DADS Form 1735, Employer and Financial Management Services Agency Service Agreement (Section 41.207-Initial Orientation of an Employer);
· ensure services delivered are listed on the service plan (Section 41.238-Service Delivery Requirements);
· ensure services are provided only to the individual (Section 41.238-Service Delivery Requirements);
· ensure services delivered are included in the CDS budget (Section 41.238-Service Delivery Requirements);
· ensure Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) hired by the CDS employer complete DADS Form 1747, Acknowledgement of Nursing Requirements, before the RN provides nursing services, or complete DADS Form 1747-LVN, LVN Supervision Certification for MDCP respite or flexible family support (Section 41.238- Service Delivery Requirements); and
· document required initial and on-going training activities using DADS Form 1732, Management and Training of Service Providers, and send Form 1732 to the FMSA within 30 days after hiring a new provider and annually thereafter (Section 41.233-Training and Management of Service Providers).
Visit us at Garlo Ward, P.C.