HB 29 has been signed by Gov. Abbott granting increased direct access to patients under certain conditions:
- Professional liability coverage in the minimum amount required by board
- Doctoral degree through program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical therapy or agency or association recognized by the US Secretary of Education or completion of 30 hours of continuing competence activities in the area of differential diagnosis.
- with doctoral degree may treat for not more than 15 consecutive business days.
- without, for not more than 10
- Both must have professional liability insurance.
- Signed disclosures in form prescribed by Board will be necessary.
The bill takes effect on September 1, 2019