The following information was obtained from the January 17 issue of the Texas Register.
Public Notices and Hearing
A public hearing on proposed Medicaid payment rates for the following will take place on Wednesday, February 19, 2014, at 1:30 p.m. in the Public Hearing Room, Brown-Heatly Building, located at 4900 North Lamar, Austin:
- 3rd Quarter 2013 Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System updates
- 2014 Annual Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System updates
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment Dental Services
- Five Procedure Codes Classified under Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Services
- Health and Behavior Assessment and Intervention Comprehensive Care Program Services
- Medicaid Biennial Calendar Fee Review
- Medicaid Fee Review for Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Services
- Medicaid Fee Review for Hospital Outpatient Imaging Services
- Medicaid payment rates for Mobility Aids Accessory Rentals
HHSC released its Request for Proposal 529-14-0066 for consultant services to assist the state in developing long term plans for the provision of services in state psychiatric hospitals and state supported living centers. See the Texas Register for details.
HHSC’s Executive Commissioner adopted emergency amendments to §366.611, Medicaid for Transitioning Foster Care Youth eligibility, which provides coverage to a person under age 26 who has aged out of foster care in that state. For more information, see the Texas Register.
- On DADS behalf
HHSC proposed to amend several sections of Chapter 9, Intellectual Disability Services–Medicaid State Operating Agency Responsibilities, Subchapter D. HCS Program, which would help ensure that providers comply with the certification requirements of their local fire safety authorities or the Texas State Fire Marshal regarding a four-person residence before the residence is approved by DADS.
HHSC proposed to amend §68.101, Application; §68.102, Definitions; and §68.103, Use and Availability of EVV System, in Chapter 68, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) System, which would add nursing services as a type of service that is documented with EVV as applicable to each program.
The Texas Medical Board proposed changes to several sections of the code.
- Medical Records
- Physician Registration
- Reinstatement and Reissuance
- Pain Management
- Temporary and Limited Licenses
- Physician Profiles
- Business Organizations
- Surgical Assistants
- Physician Assistants
- Procedural Rules
- Compliance Program
- Office-Based Anesthesia Services
- Pain Management Clinics
- Voluntary Relinquishment Surrender of a Medical License
- Emergency Medical Service