Garlo Ward has developed a survey survival seminar to show administrators of long-term care facilities how to prepare for smoother and more favorable surveys.
The State conducts inspections of each facility that participates in Medicare and/or Medicaid on average about once a year. Problem surveys/inspections can result in fines, potentially ruinous publicity, denial of payment to the facility, installation of a State monitor and possible termination of a facility’s license. Consequently, it is imperative that administrators understand and know how to navigate the survey process.
The Garlo Ward seminar:
- Teaches administrators how to prepare for a survey, identify areas of concern/possible deficiencies and address them before the survey. Administrators will be instructed about what the surveyors are looking for so that they can prepare accordingly;
- Equips administrators to train their employees about how to conduct themselves during a survey to ensure the best possible result; they will learn how to instruct their staff about what to do and what not to do during the survey process; and
- Shows administrators what their options are in the event that they receive a less than perfect survey result. They will leave the presentation with an understanding of the IDR and appeal processes and the advantages and disadvantages of pursuing one or both of these avenues.
Specifically the presentation addresses:
- Understanding the survey process
- Trends in the survey process
- Avoiding common traps
- Preventing deficiencies
- Training facility staff how to behave during a survey
- Documentation: physician contact and family contact
- Understanding and getting the most out of the IDR process
- The appeal process
Garlo Ward has developed a seminar for long term care providers to provide an understanding of the ethics involved when caring for those who are dying. This seminar examines the ethical issues that arise near the end of a person’s life and/or in a long term care setting, including advanced directives, pain management issues and, dealing with family members.
If you are interested in having Garlo Ward attorneys visit your facility to present a training seminar please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 512.302-1103.
Lakeway, Texas 78734 USA