Dolly Garlo founded the Law Offices of Dolores M. Garlo R.N., J.D. in 1993 and co-founded Garlo Ward, P.C. in 1999. Dolly recently retired from the practice of law, however, Garlo Ward still adheres to her commitment to provide clients with thoughtful, individualized legal advice to remedy existing problems and empower them to prevent or offset future legal intrusion.
Dolly provided legal, operational and management consulting to hospitals, nursing facilities, home health agencies, retirement communities, medical suppliers and individual licensed professionals on issues of business transactions and contract negotiations; policy matters; abuse and neglect; general employment issues; risk management; Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement; licensure, credentialing, and health care staff issues; consent to treatment and confidentiality; patient rights and guardianship issues.
Dolly is also a licensed Registered Nurse with teaching, training and supervisory experience. As a trained Mediator since 1990, Dolly brought the skills of alternative dispute resolution to legal and business conflicts.
Juris Doctor, 1984, University of Utah College of Law; Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1978, University of Michigan. Licensed by the Texas State Bar since 1985.* Inactive license, Utah State Bar.
* Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice
- Business Transactions
- Contract Negotiations
- Policy Matters
- Abuse and Neglect
- General Employment Issues
- Risk Management
- Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursement
- Health Care Staff Issues
Certified Legal Specialties
- Registered Nurse, Michigan
- Registered Nurse, Utah
- Registered Nurse, Texas
- Utah, 1984
- Texas, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Utah
- University of Utah College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1984
- Law Review: Member, Journal of Contemporary Law Member, Journal of Energy Policy
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.S.N., Bachelor of Science in Nursing – 1978
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Critical Care Nurses: A Case for Legal Recourse, Journal of Contemporary Law, Page 239, 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Salt Lake City County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Utah State Bar, Member