IL/News Alerts: Cost Avoidance Project, New MOA
NF, Hospice, ICF/IID:
DADS provided a status of the implementation of the Cost Avoidance Project. An excerpt:
Release 1: Implemented August 2012
This release implemented new operations processes for validating insurance information on file for Long Term Care (LTC) individuals at Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP). This release provides phone support to providers requiring assistance with Other Insurance (OI) information on file for individuals in their facilities.
Release 2: Implemented November 2012
This release implemented several changes to the Medicaid Eligibility Service Authorization Verification (MESAV).
– DADS and the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services have signed a new MOA, effective October 2012. Follow this link for more information.
– DADS published proposed rule amendments to Title 40, TAC, Chapter 41, The Consumer Directed Services (CDS) Option, in the Texas Register on Friday, January 11, 2013.
The rule proposal:
- changes how criminal history checks for new hires and Designated Representatives are to be done;
- adds requirements for becoming a Financial Management Services Agency (formerly called Consumer Directed Services Agency);
- spells out what a Financial Management Services Agency must tell CDS employers during the face-to-face orientation;
- explains how often a Financial Management Services Agency must verify provider qualifications;
- requires a Financial Management Services Agency to function as vender fiscal/employer agents; and
- adds a requirement for guardianship verification, if there is a guardian.
See the news page for more information about these and other alerts.