ILs/PL: Protecting Sensitive Personal Information
AFC, AL/RC, CBA, CLASS, DBMD, HCS, Hospice, PHC, TxHmL, and others:
DADS reminded these providers and agencies of their responsibilities and requirements relating to protecting sensitive personal information received from DADS and notifying DADS of a breach of sensitive personal information. (Letter)
CBA HCSSA, CLASS, DSA, NFs, and others:
DADS notified these providers about the training schedule for the 2012 cost report (Letter):
- Online training will be available to qualified preparers beginning on January 1, 2013, and will remain available through October 31, 2013.
- On-site classroom-based training sessions will be held in Austin on January 17, 2013 and again on February 20, 2013.
- Registration for both online and on-site classroom-based training will be available beginning January 2, 2013.
The three-year renewal process will begin on September 1, 2013, but DADS will stagger renewals by implementing the following procedures. From the letter:
For a license that expires during the period September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014, DADS will:
• issue a three-year renewal license to a facility with a facility identification number ending in an odd digit; and
• issue a two-year renewal license to a facility with a facility identification number ending in an even digit. The license renewal fee for the two-year licenses will be two-thirds of the amount of the three-year license renewal fee.
For a license that expires after August 31, 2014, DADS will issue a three-year renewal license.